All God's Children is an orphan care ministry dedicated to intervening for the 8 million orphans living in institutions by creating pathways to family and independence. Needless to say, there's so much work to be done. Here's how they do it:
- Prevent: AGCI prevents more children from ever entering institutions by stabilizing families.
- Provide: AGCI provides family-like care by collaborating with institutions and training caregivers in their holistic model.
- Place: They place orphans into loving foster and adoptive families in the U.S. and abroad.
- Prepare: They prepare aging-out orphans to thrive outside of an institution through education and mentorship.
- Policy: AGCI creates policy to change broken systems for orphans and create clear paths to family and independence.
How We Help:
AGCI uses N2GIVES’ gift in the creation of Child Advocacy Centers that create safe pathways for orphans to successfully transition into a future filled with hope. One of the initiatives that will help accomplish this goal is the creation of the first “Dream Home” in Colombia.
Designed for older orphans who are aging out of institutional care, the Dream Home will provide a safe space for teenagers to learn how to be an adult while completing a vocational training program or college degree. Children who previously would have ended up exploited and on the streets will now have a supportive environment to transition out of institutional life while securing the education and life skills they need to thrive.